Friday, February 16, 2007

CRCDISK.SYS

After the last crash of my old XP I decided to install Vista on my Dell Latitude 610. I have installed Office 2007 and it was so pretty…

But when all were running perfectly during two days, this morning I could not start my notebook. After rebooting in safe mode it stopped at the load of the CRCDISK.SYS and 10-15 minutes later it continues with the boot process. Searching on the net I found a lot of posts about this issue, but apparently nothing could be applied to my notebook. Some posts talked about the external devices, other about the upgrade from XP and other about the energy supply. Then I remembered that the only suspicious thing that I had done about energy supply was to change de "Power Plan" of my machine from "Balanced" to "High Performance". Finally, I reverted this setting and all works.

Note: Now I am writing this post from Vista and directly from Word 2007. A great feature!

10 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this can also happen if the sata settings in the bios are set to "raid" instead of "sata-ide"

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but how do you get in to change such a setting. For me i cannot get into any safe mode. Just hangs on the crcdisk.sys

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Àlex said...

During the boot process press F8 each second. Then the boot menu appears and you will can choose to start in the safe mode.

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as i said, when i boot into safe mode, as its loading all the required modules, it just hangs on crcdisk.sys and never (i left for over an hour) comes back!

 
At 1:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you have 4GB in ram? you need update your bios and re-install windows vista thas all

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better if you install linux !!!
Simply ... it won't stop! :-D

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actualy, I have this problem too, and Ubuntu hangs in the equivalent spot.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had the same problem with the scrdisk.sys

For me it was the on board atheros Gb ethernet controler, i disabled it, put in a realtek ethernet card, and problem solved.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

here i found a solution. i hope it helps :
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup&tid=62d18bd4-4abc-4e32-aed9-36608298d65a&lang=en&cr=US&p=1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home